David S. Meyers, M.D.
Dr. Meyers joined Pathology Consultants to practice anatomic and clinical pathology in 1977. After his move to Eugene, he established the first Fine Needle Aspiration service available in Oregon. He enjoys direct patient care, providing FNA’s for hospital and office-based patients. He led design of the pathology lab and intra-operative pathology consultation service of Sacred Heart Hospital at River Bend. Currently, he is the Laboratory Director for Northwest Pathology Services and Director of Pathology Services at Sacred Heart Hospital.
Education & Training
- Undergraduate degree, Michigan State University, 1968
- Medical degree, University of Michigan Medical School, 1972
- Residency in anatomic and clinical pathology, University of Missouri, 1972-76
- Assistant Professor of Pathology, University of Missouri, 1976-77
- Cytopathology, American Board of Pathologists, 1989
When not practicing pathology, Dave enjoys tennis, jogging on Oregon beaches, traveling in Italy and spending time with his family. He’s married and has two children, six grandchildren and two dogs.