Denis M. McCarthy, M.D.
Recruited for his expertise in cytopathology and uropathology, Dr. Denis McCarthy joined Pathology Consultants in 2004 to practice anatomic and clinical pathology.
Dr. McCarthy is President of Pathology Consultants, PC, and CEO for Northwest Pathology Services, LLC. He has previously served as Pathology Department Chair for Sacred Heart Medical Center, RiverBend Hospital, and is currently Director of Immunohistochemistry for Pathology Consultants and Medical Director of PeaceHealth Laboratories Roseburg Division.
In addition, Dr. McCarthy continues to direct patient care by offering fine needle aspirations for hospital and office-based patients.
Education & Training
- Fellowship in Cytopathology, Oregon Health and Sciences University, 2004
- Residency in anatomic and clinical pathology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, 2003
- Medical degree, Oregon Health and Sciences University, 1999
- Undergraduate degree, Evergreen State College, 1993
- Cytopathology, American Board of Pathologists, 2004
An outdoor enthusiast who enjoys biking, snowboarding and traveling with his family, Denis and his wife have two children and two large dogs.