Deven L. Smith, M.D.
Dr. Deven Smith moved to Oregon in 2008 to join Pathology Consultants in the practice of anatomic and clinical pathology, specializing in hematology and molecular and genetic pathology.
Dr. Smith provides direct patient care by performing bone marrow aspiration procedures for hospital and office-based patients. In addition to patient services, she is currently Medical Director for PeaceHealth Laboratories Hematology and Flow Cytometry Department, and she also serves as Pathology Department Chair for Sacred Heart Medical Center RiverBend. Dr. Smith leads Pathology Consultants in its molecular medicine efforts.
Education & Training
- Fellowship in hematology, University of Arizona, 2008
- Fellowship in molecular and genetic pathology, University of Arizona, 2007
- Residency in anatomic pathology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center/Harvard Medical School, 2006
- Residency in anatomic and clinical pathology, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, 2004
- Medical degree, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, 2002
- Undergraduate degree in zoology, Arizona State University, 1997
- Hematopathology, American Board of Pathologists, 2008
- Molecular and Genetic Pathology; American Board of Pathologists, 2007
When not practicing pathology, Deven enjoys the outdoors by biking or running and travels to exotic destinations.