John P. DiTomasso, M.D.
Dr. John DiTomasso joined Pathology Consultants in 1997 to practice anatomic, clinical and cytopathology. Previously, he held an academic teaching position at OHSU/VAMC in Portland, Ore.
By introducing the use of ultrasound, Dr. DiTomasso participated in the development of the fine needle aspiration (FNA) clinic. He enjoys direct patient care by offering FNA services for hospital and office-based patients.
He is currently the Laboratory Director for McKenzie Willamette Medical Center and Director of Cytology for PeaceHealth Laboratories.
Education & Training
- Fellowship in cytopathology, Baylor College of Medicine, 1994-1995
- Residency in anatomic and clinical pathology, University of Arizona, 1990-1994
- Internship in internal medicine, University of Arizona, 1989-1990
- Medical degree, Oregon Health Sciences University, 1985-1989
- B.S., Medical Technology, OHSU, 1981
- B.S., Microbiology, Oregon State University, 1981
- Cytopathology, American Board of Pathologists, 1995
A competitive cyclist, espresso aficionado and a four-wheeling enthusiast, John also enjoys auto mechanics and spending weekends skiing with family and friends. He’s married, has a son and two cats.